All's Well That Ends Well

This has been a stressful week. Not only was Ethan's Auntie Rikki in the hospital, but Ethan was having some moments of hysteria at daycare. Sigh...

On Monday, Kristi from Acorn Oaks (daycare) called me because Ethan was crying (woke up that way) and had been for 45 minutes. And this isn't his normal "I'm going to complain and fight sleep" crying, this was blood curdling, I'm in misery crying. So not like him.

I, of course, sprinted out the door at work and was at the daycare in less than five minutes. He seemed to calm down a little once I got there, but he wouldn't look at me and seemed like he was uncomfortable. It definitely sounded like pain on the phone.

So I rushed him to the doctor, after an argument with the receptionist who told me I'd have to wait until after their lunch break (over an hour away). No way! If I have to wait I'll just take him to the hospital. I refuse to take a chance like that. It's like my coworker, Sandy, said "You have to be their advocate." The receptionist told me to go ahead and bring him in.

Once I got there, one of the nurses was making some snippy comments, "They couldn't wait until after our lunch break." I replied, "Hello! I can hear you." And had to bite my tongue.

We were told to go into Room 4, where a nurse was already waiting to help us. Then the (choice word) nurse came in and took his temp. She looked at me and said "It's 98 degrees. He doesn't have a fever." I was like, "I never said he had a fever." Then she tried to act like she was just relaying the information to the other nurse.

Ugh! What a jerk!?! He's only four months old, and you are going to act like that. Well, the doctor came in shortly after and said he scolded the nurse for her behavior. Good!

After examining Ethan, the doctor said it was nothing, maybe a night terror. Hmmm... I wasn't sold. And unfortunately, the next day the same thing happened, only he was awake and playing for a bit before it started. I went over there and he seemed to start feeling a little better.

I think it was a tummy ache or gas. Poor baby. Luckily, it didn't happen yesterday. Oh, and Rikki had her baby girl on Tuesday!

All's Well That Ends Well!

Here's Rikki and Maggie!

No comments: